Develop a communications activity concept (e.g. a demonstration, stunt, workshop, survey, report, event etc) for your project, ensuring it is consistent with the strategy you developed for Assignment 1.
Write a communications plan outlining the concept, goals, target audience(s), channels, target media, and timeline (max 600 words)
Prepare content for the following:
- A press release (300-500 words)
- A webpage, suitable for the news section of your campaign website (300-500 words)
- An email to supporters (150-200 words)
- Posts, tweets etc for the appropriate social media (2 pieces of content for 2 channels)
- Suitable images, to be included on the webpage, email and social media. You do not have to create images yourself, but the licensing details for all images do need to be included
All of the elements, clearly marked and appropriately formatted, should be included on one document, and submitted electronically. Note that the exercise is to produce the content, not the final product ie you are NOT expected to produce a working webpage, but rather to ensure that your word document is appropriately formatted to clearly show what will become the headline, standfirst, crossheads, links etc.
DEADLINE: 3pm Wednesday 07/12/16
- Communications plan template
- Effective press releases
- Press release and media relations resources
- 10 tips for scannable webpages
- Search engine optimisation made simple
- Writing for online and digital resources
- Social media tips for charities and cause campaigns
- Using images for charities and cause campaigns
Concentrate on media relations (including the target media for the press release) and timeline (include when and purpose of your social media activity, press release etc). Include source details and licensing arrangements for images
Strong headline, appealing to audience of target media. 2-4 short paragraphs of setting context, written in 3rd person and in style of target media. At least one quote, personable, colourful and passionate
Clear, search-optimised headline. Standfirst. Short paragraphs. Crosshead(s). Clear call to action (e.g. online petition, promoting event). Image and caption
Strong call to action, with sense of urgency. Personable, intimate writing, possibly 1st person. Image
2 different channels, 2 pieces of content each. Short, with call to action (probably at least 2 pieces will include a link to your webpage). Use hashtags, mentions and images.
All on 1 PDF document, with clear headings to mark different sections and formatting within the content. Electronic submission only.