Successful press releases – course exercise
Looking at press releases exercise
- Is it interesting? To whom?
- Is it new and timely? How?
- Does the headline tell the story? What does the first sentence add?
- Does it tell you who, what, where, when and why?
- How long is the press release? How long are the paragraphs?
- Does it have a quote? More than one? Who is quoted?
- What is the tone of the quote? Formal and expert? Personable and passionate?
- How close to the top is the quote?
- Is there ‘background’ information? If so, where?
- Are there pictures and / or video available?